Should Aptos create a stable coin?

Nice suggestion bro

6 Likes

Don’t we have it already/

5 Likes

It would be an interesting experiment however it usually leads to fragmented liquidity because people want to hold the most liquid stablecoins, which are USDT and USDC by a wide margin.

Not to mention, there is already layer zero USDT/USDC , wormhole USDC/USDT, and ceder USDC/USDT, so I don’t like this trend.

6 Likes

This will be a WOW!!!
amazing idea

6 Likes

This proposal is getting a mixed response. Some say its not needed. Some say that it is.

5 Likes

It lies in the team hands if they need it.

5 Likes

Well i don’t think is necessary

5 Likes

I think stablecoins are already integrated on the Aptos Blockchain.

4 Likes

I have been informed that Aptos has the Thalia created Move Dollar. I wasn’t aware of this when I made the proposal.

I would prefer if Aptos had their own brand of stable coin, but it appears that they are quite happy with the one that Thalia Network has integrated into their blockchain.

7 Likes

Okay good suggestion though

5 Likes

I believe that the Aptos branded stable coin would be more widely recognizable than Move which is o programming language.

Maybe they can rebrand the Move Dollar to the Aptos Dollar. Just my preference, but people have weighed in on this proposal and I respect all opinions on either side of this debate.

6 Likes

yeah why are there all these different stables, why can’t we just have a standard USDT/USDC?

6 Likes

It’s good idea

4 Likes

What would be the benefit of such a project? I think aptos is doing well with other things and need not deviate.

5 Likes

If Aptos had its own stable coin it could be used to create LPs across all blockchains just like USDC or USDT.

Creating an over colaterslized stable coin like Arbitrums GLP or GMX token for the purpose of it being used to create LPs across all blockchains could bring in 10s of millions of dollars in TVL.

Aptos blockchain is of course doing great. I was just floating this idea to see what you guys would have to say about it.

3 Likes

I think we already have it

3 Likes

Probably, you are right

2 Likes

Have what?

I have been informed about the Move dollar by Thala. If this is what you are referring to, then I would respond by saying that the stable coin I am proposing would do more than what the Move dollar can currently do.

6 Likes

My first time hearing of the USDY

4 Likes

Where did you hear about USDY? It must likely was a typo.

6 Likes