Should Aptos create a stable coin?

Last night I was thinking of a new topic of discussion and the idea of Aptos creating its own stable coin came to mind.

What do you all think? Should Aptos do so or not?

What would it take for them to do so?
How would they collatoraliize it? I would propose 50% BTC, 30% ETH and 20% Aptos token.

The new stable coin would provide competition to USDC and USDT. This will happen once it can be proven to hold its value. In time this will attract new investors into the Aptos ecosystem who will use the coin to create LPs, not only on Aptos DEX and dApps but on DEX and dApps of other blockchains too.

Am I dreaming or can you see this becoming a reality?

44 Likes

we already have the move dollar from thala which is more than enough considering USDC/USDT available, and now USDY from Ondo/Blackrock :slight_smile: :money_with_wings: :money_mouth_face:

20 Likes

Are you having problems with that? if so maybe I can help you out.

14 Likes

Imo using eth/btc/apt as collat is not the way if they are going to do that. The peg would not be stable, they would have to cook up something more clever. Maybe with RWAs/fiat currencies… and maybe with the aid of blackrock? Hmm :sunglasses:

16 Likes

Forgive my ignorance, I was unaware of the Move Dollar. How does it compare to USDC or USDT? Is each token valued at $1 and how is it collateralized?

11 Likes

not collatered

11 Likes

I think we already have it.

10 Likes

Good one ser

7 Likes

Yes, I have been informed that we do!

9 Likes

I think it will be nice to have a stable coin on the Aptos Blockchain

7 Likes

@piratebaygamer33 says that Aptos has the Move Dollar from Thala. But I think that Aptos should have its own branded stable coin.

Maybe they can partner with USDC to create their own USDC token like Avalanche and Fantom blockchains have done.

I would just like to see them create an Aptos branded stable coin. I think Aptos is big enough to do so.

10 Likes

yes they should
:wink:

8 Likes

thats a good question I’m sure Adam the co-founder of Thala could explain, hes very active on twitter :+1:

10 Likes

don’t we already have Move Dollar?

7 Likes

Good Idea mate

6 Likes

It may be a nice idea!

7 Likes

Actually, Aptos network has to create new own stable coin, or try to use existing one eg. Move Dollar more active. That could be useful for some types of payments etc.
Regards

6 Likes

I don’t think it is really needed

6 Likes

Probably you are right, still there are a lot of people on the chain who are used to paying in dollars for everything. As far as apt prices change all the time, and I hope will be growing to the moon😄, some prices for for different things or services in the real world would have to be corrected all the time.
Regards

7 Likes

What about MOD?

6 Likes