Aptos and Jambophone

I saw Aptos official partnered with Jambophone and I want to buy a Jambophone for me

I know 99 usd is a cheap price for a phone but my funds are limited so I wanted to know your opinion on a couple points:

How do they manage to sell the phone for 99 usd? Is it subsidized by Aptos or other partners?

And also, since it calls itself Earn Phone, do you think I’ll be able to earn the initial price through it over time? The initial being 99 for the phone + 30 for delivery so 129

If you don’t yet know about the Jambophone, link here:

17 Likes

hi noke!

smartphone manufacturing especially for Android devices is relatively inexpensive, but manufacturers often mark up prices significantly

Jambo’s aim is to make web3 accessible for developing countries, this goal won’t be achieved if they release jambophone at the price of a flagship smartphone. likely that they removed expensive components, so dont expect high definition pics or 60 fps video recording etc. likely this is a basic android phone with a tailor-fit os and apps for web3

when I preordered the Jambophone I approached it with the same mindset as buying an NFT from an anonymous team–there was a chance it would work out, but also a chance it might not, or worse, it could even turn out to be a rug pull, or it might even qualify owners for some perks. it is near impossible to predict the outcome at this point

if you’re not comfortable with taking the left curve strategy, you might want to reconsider fren

11 Likes

Could get one myself too

8 Likes

Thank you for your detailed answer sir you are great

5 Likes

I think it’s a good one mate

2 Likes

Thanks for this info

5 Likes

great development

3 Likes

i bought… but nothing about delivery… worried it was a scam