Alternative to PONTEM Aptos wallet

I am using the Firefox browser but have experienced problems when transacting on aptosnames with Pontem Aptos Wallet.

Any suggestions welcomed.

Thank you

20 Likes

Petra is very solid

13 Likes

I agree- I’ve been using it from the start.

10 Likes

I will NEVER use the Pontem wallet EVER again. It got hacked and I lost all my tokens on it. I would recommend using the Martian or if you do quests on Galxe the Petra wallet instead.

9 Likes

Petra is my go-to aptos wallet

7 Likes

I like Petra wallet in Aptos, prefer it compared to others

7 Likes

Thesame here man. I agree with you

10 Likes

I like Petra wallet

8 Likes

Use the chrome extension browser it works perfectly.

8 Likes

I hate Petra Wallet

5 Likes

How did u got hacked? Did you sign any suspicious transactions or u shared your seed phrase?

6 Likes

Not at all! What happened is that one day I clicked on the web app to open my wallet and it said that my wallet had been locked

I thought that it meant that I needed to put in my password to open it, but it turned out that it wanted me to re-enter my seed phrase.

When I entered my seed phrase and password to restore my wallet I was told that my wallet couldn’t be recovered. This made absolutely no sense since I know that I had entered the seed phrase that I had been given to create the wallet.

The only explanation I could come up with is that some how my wallet had been hacked.

6 Likes

It seems to me that you got to a phishing site that disguised itself as your wallet and then asked you for your passphrase

3 Likes

Petra wallet is a best choice ! also backed by Aptos :white_check_mark:

5 Likes

I clicked on my web extension app and it asked me to reset my wallet. So if I was redirected through the official web extension app to a phishing site then it still means that my wallet was hacked.

Why did my wallet require me to do a reset? That is the question that really needs to be answered.

6 Likes

I haven’t seen anything about Pontem being hacked. Care to share a link or your personal anecdote of what happened?

I’ve been using Pontem for a few weeks now and it’s far and away the best Aptos wallet for my needs.

4 Likes

The wallet has not been hacked. I could not download the Aptos wallet on the Firefox browser. It asked me to go via chrome but I already have an Aptos wallet on chrome.

Any suggestions?

4 Likes
1 Like

That’s pity. Hope, you didn’t hold all the tokens in one wallet.
Everyone, take care

Unfortunately I lost everything.