Randomness enabled now on Aptos!

Aptos has introduced a secure and instant on-chain randomness API on its mainnet. This new feature allows developers to obtain random integers instantly by invoking a function, eliminating the need to wait for the next block or commit ahead of time to future randomness.
Read more about it on this blog post: Roll with Move: Secure, instant randomness on Aptos | by Aptos Labs | Medium

Also catch the X post here:

15 Likes

Great :+1: thanks for the information . Aptos keep expanding, things we love to see by the community.

Aptos is a great, unique and amazing project.

So cool to be among this awesome project.

5 Likes

Thanks for this great update mate this is why APTOS is the best community so far , where experience is been shared for the betterment of the colleagues

6 Likes

This news confirms my belief that Aptos will be a strong competitor to Ethereum. I certainly plan to buy more tokens in the near future.The very first secure and instant on-chain randomness API is now live on Aptos Mainnet — as simple as invoking a function for getting a random integer :game_die:

5 Likes

That’s indeed great news :game_die:. Thx for announcing. Def gonna give that one a try by myself. Especially for games true randomness is an import aspect. Fake randomness eg. creating random numbers based on deterministic informations enables the possibility to cheat.

2 Likes

Thanks for the update mate, I just like the fact that every time you check on Aptos, they have something new. I love Aptos and they should keep building.

2 Likes